Ann ShawOf Counsel
In the area of Bankruptcy law, Ann Shaw (Of Counsel) counsels clients as to their options under both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 (payment plan). Since one primary purpose of the Chapter 13 Bankruptcy is to prevent foreclosure of the client’s home, her Firm is able to file a Chapter 13 on an “emergency” basis. All Bankruptcy clients of the Firm meet directly with Ann Shaw (Of Counsel) to confidentially discuss their situation and all work is closely supervised by her.
Recently, she has presented programs for the spring and fall training seminars of Security Title and has taught courses in “Short Sales” for the Coastal Association of REALTORS, and other community organizations. She has as taught business law classes for the Maryland Small Business Development Center. Additionally, attorney Ann Shaw (Of Counsel) has taught real estate courses at WorWic Community College since 1990.
Ann is active in the community. She presents programs in conjunction with the Women’s Business Center. Ann donates her time as a member of the Board of Directors for Habitat for Humanity of Wicomico County, Inc.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy Law
- Business Law
- Mortgage Mitigation Alternatives
- Real Estate Law
- Maryland, 1988
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1990
- Western State University College of Law, Fullerton, California
- J.D. magna cum laude – 1981
- Honors: Valedictorian
- Law Review: Western State University Law Review
- California State University, Fullerton, California
- B.A. – 1971
- Major: English
- Real Estate Courses, WorWic Community College, 1990 – 2005 and 2015 to present
- A Practical Look at the Consumer Provisions of the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act, The Maryland Institute for Continuing Education of Lawyers, Inc.
- Continuing Education Courses, Montgomery County Board of Realtors, Inc.
- Adjunct Faculty, Western State University College of Law
- Spoke for Martindale Hubble Program NACBA, April 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Federal Bar Association (Maryland), Member, 1992 – Present
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member, 1988 – Present
- Eastern Shore Bankruptcy Bar Association, Founding Member
- World Wise Women, Founding Member
- Women’s Business Center